Effective Tips To Choose Exterior Paint Colors
Choosing the right exterior paint color can be a challenging task for many homeowners. Whether you are painting your house to improve its resale value or just need to refresh its looks, here are some tips to pick the best color for your place.
- Get bold: It is quite easy for everyone to choose white as the exterior paint, but it may not be the best choice for your home. Go for some bolder colors, such as blues and yellows. Make sure you always test the pain color choices instead of just checking the paint swatches.
- Have a look at your street: It can be fun to choose a color that is different from others, but how will it look from the street. It is advisable to avoid picking the color that clashes with the house right next to you. If many of the houses around your house are painted in gray, you should choose a color that is complementary yet different to stand out from the crowd.
- Remember accents: Accent colors can make or break the exterior look of your home. In order to make your project a great success, choose colors from your shutters and trim.
- Consider your landscaping: Is your house surrounded with green shrubs and accents? Painting your home green or any color similar to it won’t be a good option. Avoid blending your home with the yard too much. If your home has no to little landscaping, and you don’t wish to include it in the near future, then painting the home with a bright color could be a bad idea. Look for other complementary colors to your landscape and surroundings for a welcoming feeling.
- Think of your permanent features: While choosing the right paint for your home exteriors, have a look at the elements that you will never change or cannot be changes. For example, the shingles on your roof. So consider the colors in your roof, when you are figuring out the paint color through paint swatches and find something complementary.
Always try out colors before starting your project. Paint colors may vary in changing light, so take a look at your color choices both during day and night. For more help you can contact Best Painters Canada to know more.
- Posted In:
- Painting Tips